For the Maasai living without electricity, the impact of solar technology is unparallel. Currently, the majority of the Maasai families that MCV is serving do not have electricity. Not only does solar power protect forests, but it also improves the health of women and children who often get sick for inhaling fumes from smoky fires and paraffin lamps.
Being located close to the equator, Kenya has a huge potential for utilizing solar energy. With your generous support, we will inspire, educate and equip Maasai students to find their place in the world!
Poverty can be defeated through solar energy by providing the following benefits:
- Light at night gives children the ability to study
- Safety from wildlife & predators after the sun goes down
- Improved household health
- Promotes local environmental conservation
- Charging electronic devices
* The Maasai currently walk many miles to charge their cell phones. In Kenya people depend on their mobile devices for mobile banking to make payments, instead of using physical money.
Give Solar To The Maasai Today!
MCV Thanks our partners for bringing light to the Maasai people
MCV thanks Eka Hotel in Nairobi, Kenya for their excellent hospitality for MCV volunteers and their generous contributions to MCV programs through the Amrit Foundation. We thank them for making our solar project possible to give light to Maasai communities through the Manrik Groups Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) partnership. Visit Eka’s website, click here.